In AC Nuggets on August 6, 2008 at 6:00 am
AC’s recent announcement of the Best of AC Awards has hundreds of CPs researching away on the month’s key topics: Back to School, Entertainment and the Olympics 2008.
If you’re anxious to win but can’t drum up any article ideas, here’ s a list of topics and headlines to help you get started with the Back to School and Entertainment categories:
Back to School Topics
- Tips on Buying Back to School Supplies in (your city)
- How to Prepare Your Child for their First Back to School Season
- Ways to Get Up Early for Back to School Season
- Top Ten Ways to Save Money on Back to School Shopping
- How to Avoid the Crowds for Back to School Shopping in (your city)
- Top Fashion Trends for Tweens – Back to School 2008
- Top Fashion Trends for Teenage Boys – Back to School 2008
- How to Prepare Preschoolers for Back to School Season
- Healthy Lunch Choices for Back to School Season
- How to Save Money on Back to School Clothing
- Top Five Family Comedy Shows for Fall 2008
- Top 10 New Shows on NBC for Fall 2008
- Top 10 New Shows on CBS for Fall 2008
- Top 10 New Shows on ABC for Fall 2008
- Best Disney Movie Releases for Fall 2008
- Best Cartoon Movie Releases for Fall and Winter 2008
- Top Six Reality TV Shows to Look Out for in Fall 2008
- Where to Find an IMAX Theater in (your town)
- Where to Catch Broadway Shows in (your town)
- Top Fashion Trends from High School Musical
Make sure your article is searchable and uses at least 2-3 keywords or keyphrases related to your topic; it’s an easy way to snag a spot on the front page of features!
More information about the Awards can be found here: The Best of AC Awards
In AC Nuggets, Writing Tips on February 23, 2008 at 7:00 am
Building readership has tremendous value for your AC career, and you don’t have to settle for social bookmarking sites or spamming friends and family to do it.
Building readership simply means:
1. Making your content available to the largest audience possible
2. Circulating your content well beyond its original publishing month
If you’re well versed in writing evergreen content, this will be even easier. If not, you can start writing articles that really will stand the test of time – ideas and topics that can be referenced, bookmarked, shared, blogged about, and linked to week after week, month after month.
This is the first step in becoming a ‘sticky writer’ on AC.
Read the rest of this entry »
In The Daily Find on January 3, 2008 at 12:00 pm
The Article: How to Repair a Vacuum Cleaner Hose
The Author: Crystal Sky
Why It’s Worth a Read: The Spring cleaning bug has already hit your household, but the vacuum cleaner is being completely uncooperative. Chances are, it’s got a hole or leak somewhere; this article provide simple instructions for getting the vacuum back in tip-top shape.
Let Spring cleaning ensue…
In The Daily Find on December 25, 2007 at 8:16 pm
The Article: How to Land Freelance Writing Jobs
The Author: Craig Sandemere
Why It’s Worth a Read: You’re finally ready to jump into freelance writing, but don’t know where to start. You’re also sick of browsing work-at-home opportunities that are just farming for your e-mail address and will pummel you with spam and ‘new business opportunities’–for a fee. This article will give you a quick overview on what to expect in the real world of freelance writing.
Also Read-Worthy: Websites That List Freelance Writing Jobs
Image courtesy of: U.S. Library of Congress/Wikimedia commons